Thank you for selecting a new Ragley Handlebar for use on your bicycle. With a little attention and care during installation you will enjoy years of trouble free, safe and happy use.
In order to maximise the safe enjoyment of this product, please read and carefully adhere to the following installation instructions, hints and warnings. Failure to do so could result in unexpected wear and or failure, resulting in possible injury or even death!
Handlebar Installation Instructions:
Note: Please make sure that the stem you intend to use has a clamping diameter of 31.8mm before starting the installation process. We recommend that no stem with a handlebar clamping force greater than 8Nm be used with this handlebar. If in any doubt, please consult your dealer.
• Inspect your stem for any burrs or rough spots that could damage the handlebar. If any such conditions are found, take the stem to your dealer. If not, continue to step 2;
• Clean the clamping area on your handlebars and stem to maximise the clamping ability of the components;
• Make sure that the bolt threads on the stem clamps are well lubricated with a high quality grease;
• Position the handlebar in the stem so that it is centred horizontally in the clamping area and rotate the bar until it is approximately vertical in the stem;
• Tighten the stem clamps to the correct torque using the correct size tool. Please confirm the correct tightening torque with the stem’s manufacturer. Be careful not to over-torque the bolts as this may result in damage to both the stem and the bar;
• Check that the installed handlebar does not slip or rotate when pressure is applied to it;
• Now check that the handlebar is comfortable for you when standing or seated on your bike. If the bar requires slight angle adjustment, loosen the stem clamping bolts off and repeat steps 5 and 6 until you are happy with the angle ;
• Install the remaining components (brake levers, cycle computers, etc.) in accordance with their respective manufacturer’s instructions;
• Now ensure the rest of your bike is ride worthy and go shred!
Ragley warrants this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of One year from the date of original retail purchase. This warranty is extended only to the original owner of the product. Proof of purchase is required for any warranty service, so be sure to keep your receipt.
This warranty does not cover cosmetic or structural damage arising from misuse or abuse, including but not limited to damage caused by jumping and landing, front end impact, or any other collision, falls or crashes, owner neglect, improper installation of parts and accessories, improper assembly, improper maintenance, or use of racks in transportation. Any modifications, changes, additions or substitutions to any part or component are done so at the sole risk of the user and will render the warranty null and void. Ragley makes no warranty against said modifications, changes, additions or substitutions. Wear from normal use or exposure to environmental elements is not covered by this warranty. Ragley makes no warranty against any incidental or consequential damage to bike or parts, or rider injury caused by defects as covered in this warranty. Ragley will repair or replace, at its sole discretion, any Ragley products deemed defective under this warranty. There is no other remedy, either expressed or implied, under this warranty.
Ragley is not responsible for any shipping or dealer charges related to any warranty claim, whether or not said claim is accepted by Ragley.
Thank you for choosing Ragley.