Thank you for selecting a new Ragley Stem for use on your bicycle. With a little attention and care during installation you will enjoy years of trouble free, safe and happy use.
In order to maximise the safe enjoyment of this product, please read and carefully adhere to the following installation instructions, hints and warnings. Failure to do so could result in unexpected wear and or failure, resulting in possible injury or even death!
Stem Installation Instructions:
Note: Please make sure that the bar you intend to use has a clamping diameter of 31.8mm before starting the installation process.
• Remove all bolts and other parts from the stem;
• Clean the clamping area on your handlebars and stem to maximise the clamping ability of the components;
• Make sure that all bolt threads on the stem clamps are well lubricated with a high quality grease;
• Position the handlebar in the stem so that it is centred horizontally in the clamping area and rotate the bar until it is approximately vertical in the stem;
• Tighten the top faceplate’s clamping bolts until the top is completely closed and the faceplates sit flush against the stem body. This ensures that the clamping forces will be even across the bar;
• Tighten all faceplate bolts to a maximum of 5Nm. Be careful not to over-torque the bolts as this may result in damage to both the stem and the bar;
• Insert the stem onto the fork steerer tube, adjust to the desired height using headset spacers, put the top cap and bolt onto to the top of the stem and tighten the bolt until the headset has no play but can still move freely;
• Adjust the handlebar and stem so that the front wheel is perpendicular to the handlebar and tighten the steerer clamping bolts on the stem to a maximum of 5Nm;
• Now check that the handlebar is comfortable for you when standing or seated on your bike. If the bar requires slight angle adjustment, loosen the stem clamping bolts off and repeat steps 5 and 6 until you are happy with the angle ;
• Check that the installed handlebar does not slip or rotate when pressure is applied to it;
• Now ensure the rest of your bike is ride worthy and go shred!
Ragley warrants this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of One year from the date of original retail purchase. This warranty is extended only to the original owner of the product. Proof of purchase is required for any warranty service, so be sure to keep your receipt.
This warranty does not cover cosmetic or structural damage arising from misuse or abuse, including but not limited to damage caused by jumping and landing, front end impact, or any other collision, falls or crashes, owner neglect, improper installation of parts and accessories, improper assembly, improper maintenance, or use of racks in transportation. Any modifications, changes, additions or substitutions to any part or component are done so at the sole risk of the user and will render the warranty null and void. Ragley makes no warranty against said modifications, changes, additions or substitutions. Wear from normal use or exposure to environmental elements is not covered by this warranty. Ragley makes no warranty against any incidental or consequential damage to bike or parts, or rider injury caused by defects as covered in this warranty. Ragley will repair or replace, at its sole discretion, any Ragley products deemed defective under this warranty. There is no other remedy, either expressed or implied, under this warranty.
Ragley is not responsible for any shipping or dealer charges related to any warranty claim, whether or not said claim is accepted by Ragley.
Thank you for choosing Ragley.